View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 04:54 AM   #88
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I think this is how it is as well. No fixed in any mode, but just different tolerances if you will. I keep mine in comfort (through my Sport Individual setting) for most of my daily driving. It's incredibly composed and compliant.
Have you tried the Adaptive mode? BMW state the Adaptive mode has a comfort bias. Many find due to its ability to 'stiffen' a bit on demand, it is more comfortable to drive, as the body stays more composed.

I've no experience in the Gxx models with adaptive suspension, but it makes sense as it gives a mid range, similar to the Normal 'middle' mode in my F11. In my car Comfort gives the softest ride, but push on a bit and it is not as composed as running Normal mode, where better body control, without losing 'comfort' makes for the more balanced and better drive.

In technical terms the damper mapping is also more balanced around the spring rate. It has been an issue with the Fxx models with only the two base adaptive settings, not so matched to the spring rate. Adaptive Mode should help improve that, particularly for drivers who want comfort, but drive more enthusiastically.

Last edited by HighlandPete; 02-17-2020 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 0