09-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #23
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
It’s great to have choices, no?

Putting all the controls on the touch screen makes OTA updates/improvements much easier. My car has received lots of new features in the ~2 years I’ve owned it, including about 50 extra horsepower!

A friend’s MB C300 4Matic doesn’t have a power trunk lid either...

FWIW, the audio volume is controlled by the left steering wheel scroll wheel by default. I’ve never used the touch-screen volume control while driving, but did use it while a passenger - it’s great to have such easy access from that side.

The infinitely configurable HVAC vent are genius, IMO. I can direct the air exactly where I want it and as a result, I spend far less time fiddling with those controls than in any other car I’ve owned in 40+ years of driving.

Enjoy the BMW - really nice car!
Exactly! Choices are good!

Tesla has become a remarkable line of vehicles in a short period of time. Some really cool features and wild performance. However, they need a refresh on the Model S.

Musk has yet to really be challenged, but the Germans appear to be coming after him. Porsche, Audi, and now BMW, are building some cool stuff. And next week the intro of the new U.S. built Lucid Air. Good competition will benefit the entire EV market and force Tesla to step up its game.
Appreciate 0