Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MGM 328i, 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial328i View Post
I want an F80, but I also want a car with lots of warranty left. I would be buying a new M340. There are not many good used F80's nearby. They're either too old or too many miles.
I guess that just leaves the G80 then. Based on all the threads like this I've seen over the years, I still think you are taking a risk if you move down a tier. Right now, you are certainly not the only one who'd bet the farm that they'll hate the car for the next six years. Again, just from experience, I know a fair share will lose that bet. Of course, leasetrader.com can help rescue you as long as you negotiated a good rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I have a feeling the G8X likely won't solve OP's ride comfort requirements. BMW's as of late seem to be getting panned for their harsh ride.
I didn't see that criteria, but it's true the M3 will be less gentle than a 328i. However, I've see some complaints here about the M340i suspension too, so either way he's going to be adjusting to it.
Well, just found a 2017 F80 with 1,600 miles and individual Cohiba brown extended leather for M340 money.. might be checkin this out.