10-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #37
uuni
First Lieutenant
Ethiopia
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
Read the whole thread and there are some really good points.

One thing BMW can do that Tesla can't is good leases! In fact, almost no other manufacturer can compete with BMW in this department. This has to due with remarketing(large demand) and quality. If BMW can't compete on range, they will certainly excel in the leasing department and thus you will definitely see a ton of i4s on the street. Rember the i3.... I would never want one, but the lease deals were so good, I thought about it - and I saw them everywhere.

For BMW to compete against Tesla, the car has to first look good. Then the powertrains must at least be close to competing with Tesla. Lastly, the starting price must be less, especially if the range is not up to par.
I disagree, range is a consideration point when buying EV.

Model S has better range in paper but in real life Taycan (nearly) matches it within few percentages. And Taycan is not even trying to have most range, so in that department Tesla do not posses any advantage over others. Model S has also larger battery, better wheels/tyres for range than Taycan.

i4 range is subjected for several things but one is that it probably will be sporty and they are willing to sacrifice some range to achieve it, like in Taycan's case.

i4 will cost more than Model 3, but out of bag it will have normal paint, normal (better) noise insulation, have better options, look better, have quality interior, have better seats, have better dealer network, have better infotaiment system, rear bumper wont fall off due to the design flaws etc.

Recent times I have driven; Model S, Model 3, Taycan and Panamera Hybrid. The speed is obviously great and I drive faster than most, but all cars satisfy my need for speed. However, Teslas interiors, feel, looks and all around cheapness is something I cant live with.
Appreciate 1
VetteGuy845.50