Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport Plu

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
What does everyone think of the Bridgestone Turanzas fitted as standard? For normal daily drives including freeways, bad highways, suburban doddling do you think they are great/good/bad/terrible??
No SUV4Me, so good you do these posts !!

I have just been researching tyres now.

So the conclusion I came too like a lot of people is that Michelin Pilot Sport 4's non run flats are the way to go.

Now not sure if that's because they grip better or they have longer life,but a lot of reviews even for non BMW cars rate them highly.

So the question I have for the forum now is .

Has anybody that has a new 330i G20 delivered from January, what brand of tyres did they get ?

It seems a mish mash of

1. Bridgestones run flats
2. Pirelli P Zero run flats
3. Goodyear Eagle F1 run flats

My last question is , would you also have to buy some kind of boot storage thing to house the spare tyre from BMW?
i think they call it a High Performance Non RFT with Space-Saver Spare Option: according to the USA review

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/04/08/b...king-delivery/

And I think if you did what size spare tyre could you fit?
I read somewhere 17 inches only?

Continental 135/80 17R

So many questions!!

Then again I was thinking , is it all worth it to replace the tyres with non run flats.

Disadvantages would be :-

1. Increased weight due to the
a) Jack
b) Spare Tyre

2. Increased cost due to the above and you would need to purchase
the High Performance Non RFT with Space-Saver Spare

3. Reduced boot space

Advantages would be

1. Increased road feel and handling
2. Tyres not so expensive and possibly more repairable?

So it seems from a run flat perspective, all the reviews I have read, don't rate Pirelli and Bridgestone too well, has anybody had any experience with the Goodyears ?

Seeing as the BMW 340ix comes standard with Michelin Run flats and have exactly the same wheel specs, I think we can assume that is BMW'd defacto choice as this is their top of the range excluding M3 version.

Anybody know whats default on the M2 and M3?

Thanks All
My 330i came out the factory with Turanza's too, and whilst they are 'OK' I'm not a massive fan to be honest....
I switched to Goodyear Eagle F1 ASY 2 on my old 435d, and really liked them, much preferred over the Potenza S001 they replaced...
More comfortable, good wet/dry grip and less road noise.
I'll be looking to switch to GY on my G20 if I stay with the RFT which I likely will...

330i M Sport Plus
Previous- 435D M Sport
Appreciate 0