03-31-2020, 03:03 PM   #137
g20beam
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
I have an idea. What if, we find a way to switch our iDrive configuration to a M Car iDrive configuration? IF I can do that, and that's a big IF, I can go through the car's system settings and just get to M Track Mode without having to press any button. That would, in theory, work. If we can just find what the default coding choices are in an M8 for DKOMBI4 and HU_MGU, then we can just replicate the same choices on a G20 and it would have the same system as the M8, just without the buttons.

The question here, is whether or not this coding is shared between the M8 iDrive 7 and the G20 iDrive 7, but at this point I'm certain all G generation platforms all use the same iDrive 7 software, with features disabled/enabled for each individual line.

The other question is whether or not M Car system configuration requires any additional hardware to be functional, or if it will just take into account all the existing hardware and just disable software functions that are not hooked up to the additional hardware. For instance, the 2WD option in the M8 is not equipped on our vehicles because we do not have the M Diff.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1949.00