possible335i2008
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by possible335i2008 View Post
I think I'm being honest about the situation, if you don't have the money don't do it. Could you tune a vehicle and it last without any problems, maybe but that's not certain. Modern engines have a lot of variables and upping boost can change those variables in a way that can cause engine damage. That's all a factual statement, a engine isn't unreliable bc someone goes and messes with it and it pops lol, the engine wasn't made for that type of tuning. Do what you like just know what your getting into.
I get what you are saying, but all the data is against you. Tens of thousands of tuned cars out there. I can't think of 3 cases where the user put a stage 1 tune and had engine failure.

I'm not saying it's impossible; as I said earlier, everything is possible, but the risk is negligible at best.

As mentioned above, Toyota used a tuner to increase power on their new model. Does that make the latest Toyota model less reliable? of course not.
So if the risk is negligible would you be willing to warranty the tune for the persons car?
Appreciate 0