Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18’c63s,15’macanturbo,14’ 991s

Garage List
2008 e92 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Paradigm owner! Nice. I wish more people would choose box speakers for their cinema. That room should sound great with that setup.

How the hell did I forget about JVC? I was the NYC Wolf Cinema Rep for years, and their most popular models were (are?) based on JVC hardware, but with custom software, single-unit calibration, and special high-end lenses.

JVC's forte is exceptional contrast, and contrast is what projectors are inherently challenged as there's no local dimming on a PJ. This makes JVC's a popular choice, especially in the price point you're shopping. Definitely consider a JVC on your short list. Good company too.

I haven't used or even seen the JVC models you mention but I'd blindly put my name behind the statement that a JVC is definitely going to be a competitive product within its price class. They make solid gear.

https://wolfcinema.com
I ended up ordering the jvc nx-5 yesterday. Also had to upgrade my screen and receiver to handle 4K. Went with a bigger screen 92 to 108 inch and anthem mrx740. Thanks a lot dog! This was a expensive post lol
Appreciate 1