12-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #21
Vmaxx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Yes I did here are a couple other things that come to mind:
  • I pre-drilled the center section of spoiler (holes just big enough for the self tapping screws to slip through) and used maybe 6 screws that were self tapping with built in washers
  • For the brackets that use the existing oem bolts on either side (I loosely fitted the spoiler by tightening the bolts just enough that the spoiler wouldn't fall but I could still move it around and at that point I had my Son hold it in place exactly where we wanted it while I tightened the bolts)
  • For the sides that come up on either side of the spoiler just in front of each wheel - I bent the sides in using my hand so they would pinch in and sit flush with the car (not sure this is necessary)
I did have the car on a lift (paid a local muffler shop to use it for an hour - $50 well spent) so all the aforementioned was made quite easy in that the bumper and spoiler were at eye level and we had full access.

Pics:
  • First pic is from our install and I captioned it for you
  • Second pic from the factory install manual for the oem front lip where you can see they use four self tapping screws in the center (adhesive is also used)
I hope this helps...pic for reference (and a little fun)
Definitely helped. I think I got it, but I didn’t have washers for self-tapping screws so I might have to replace those later. Overall fit is ok, not great, but you can only really tell when up close. Still good considering price of OEM.
Appreciate 0