View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 10:57 AM   #10
VetteGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: Arctic Race Blue M440iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM11285 View Post
If you're going to be outsourcing this, find some shops in your area then check their social media, check their reviews, and even ask if you can stop by to check out their work. If you're seeing the shop working on high end vehicles, and reading good reviews, you should be in good hands. I wouldn't get too hung up on any one brand, there are many great coatings on the market. Shops will have their preferred brands and even be approved installers for a particular brand.

The most important parts are prepping the surface before and maintenance after. Even though your car will be new, it will still have some light imperfections. A light polish will clear up any light scratches, bring out more gloss, and prep the clearcoat for the coating (cutting micro scratches into the clearcoat, which are invisible to the naked eye, giving the coating more surface area to bond)
Maintenance afterwards is easy, just clean the vehicle with safe washing methods at least once a month.
I couldn’t agree more. Not every brand will be available at a shop in your area so do some research on the local shops. Most of the quality professional products are going to be comparable so who does the best prep and application is what counts. Ask to tour their shop and see cars in stages of the process.

My shop, a very busy one, took three days, polished the car, applied XPEL film on the nose and headlights and CeramicPro on the entire car, including glass, wnd cured the coating. I’m very pleased.
Appreciate 0