JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3erMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Funny how some people are coming around to the car. I personally loved it from the beginning and I still think it is going to be a huge hit for BMW's target demographic. Hint: Its not the enthusiast community.

Also, I built the car out to around $70K, that seems kinda expensive, no? In that case a fully loaded M4 may cost close to $100K
I don't mean this in a contentious or sarcastic way, but, if not the enthusiast community, what demographic do you believe BMW is targeting with this model? Base 430s will be mid- to upper $40K (USD), and M440s will be in the $60-$70K range. Would many non-enthusiasts with that kind of budget be looking for a 2 door coupe?
No worries, valid question. But my response is a wholeheartedly, yes. Around NYC and Long Island you see many nice cars and you talk to the owner and they have no idea what they have. They just like the look, the badge and performance.

I was talking to a friend the other day. His friend bought a new Lamborghini Evo because it looked great! Knew nothing about the car or the model. But then again, that's how manufacturers make their money.
weingarm856.50