Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Have any of you guys had metal prints created before? (not metallic paper, but the actual sheet metal plots)

I have a few landscapes that I'd like to have large prints made from ~20x30 to 24x36 or so, but I can't decide on the finish to choose. They offer the glossy white surface they can print on or the translucent sheer finish where you see the metal a bit. I have a few samples prints from Bay Photo that were a couple years old, but I really can't decide on which surface finish to pick.

Costco even offers metal prints now too!
Costco is great. I'm going to do my 2017 calendar there. However, I used BayPhoto for my metal print.

I was pleased with the color and detail, BUT when hung in a room with lots of exterior light, it was way too reflective. You had to stand in just the right place to view it and that place moved as the sun moved.

I have friends that love their metal prints. I prefer high quality luster paper or linen. If it'll be hung on an interior wall that doesn't get direct light, you may be okay. I'd suggest a small test to see what you think. In the end, it's a personal preference kind of thing.

Dave