Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHen View Post
Before test driving and buying the BMW 330i xdrive, I test drove a…

Jag XE 30t
Audi A5 coupe
Alfa Giulia
Mustang turbo

They are ALL really cool, fun cars to drive.

The Jag is: come-hither sexy
The Audi A5 is: silky smooth
The Alfa is: go-cart chic
The Mustang is: bang-for-the-buck badass

If I were 27 instead of 67 I "might" have picked the Mustang
If I were 37 instead of 67 I "might" have picked the Alfa.
If I were 47 instead of 67 I "might" have picked the Jag
If I were 77 instead of 67 I "might" have picked the Audi

But I felt the BMW was "for me" the best "overall package" for "my needs" and at "my age" and with our "crap roads" here in suburban PA and has a little bit of everything including: style, quickness, very smooth and powerful engine (for a turbo 4), very responsive/stable-at-speed handling, fantastic MPG considering the performance, excellent driving position and very nice build quality.

And yes I "really" "push" the 330i when it is safe to do so. How can you help not to? It begs to be pushed. You never feel the car will let you down.

I don't think anyone would go "wrong" with any of these cars. It comes down to nuances and personal needs and diving style. In many ways they are more alike than different.

Some past cars include: a few of Mustang GT V-8s, 3 Infinity G35/37 sedans a Buick Regal Sport turbo.

Bob
Interesting perspective
One comment though, what version of A5 did you drive that you found "silky smooth". I test drove A4 6MT last year and it was the worst numb, lifeless, amoeba I've ever driven in the segment.
I think that's why he said if he was 77 he would have chosen the Audi.
Appreciate 0