Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ismagic# View Post
I currently own an Alfa Giulia. My car prior to that was an E90 335d, and I've driven the G20. So I'm in a good position to judge.

Everything this review says about the driving dynamics of the Giulia is spot on. It's just a better pure driver's car. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a better car overall.

To clarify a few things.
1) This is not an FCA parts bin car. it's shares no parts with any other FCA product. Even the window switchgear and turn signal stalks are all unique to the Alfa. It is all new from the ground up. In fact sometimes this is to its detriment. For example, instead of using FCA's pretty darn good infotainment system it has its own (from the same supplier of idrive actually). But this is inferior to both i-drive and the standard FCA set up that also shows up in Maseratis.

2) My car has been bullet proof in the two years I've owned it. The only time its seen a dealer was for it regular oil change/maintenance. I've been active on the Giulia forums and I didn't see any more issues that one would expect from a brand new model. Certainly no more than the G20 is experiencing.

Having said all of that my lease is up and I'm about to get back into a BMW. First, the G20 has more or less solved all of the issues I had with the F30 that helped push me towards the Giulia in the first place. Second, the tech and the seats in the Giulia are 2nd rate. Finally, Giulia's lease terribly so it is hard to justify financially when the BMW is 98% as good from a driving dynamics point of view and has a substantially better interior. In my case it also doesn't help that the nearest Alfa dealer is 1.5 hours away from me.

The Giulia has a lot to love about it.
It may not share pieces from the FCA parts bin but it surely does share the poor reliability common to all FCA products unfortunately.

Glad to hear yours was not as bad as others but if you were to keep it past the lease term it would probably be a different story.
I don't know....Bimmers aren't exactly hassle free either though. People are already having connectivity issues and other tech problems with their brand new, barely broken in g20s.
Yes ID7 seems half baked at best.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0