View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #25
jcrigg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330e (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Wow, exciting! Not too long to wait! Thanks for sharing your config, will take a look later.

Yeah unfortunately our company car policy only allows a small amount of personal “uplift” so I’m capped at around £4K of options on a 330e M Sport (around £45k). Surprisingly the Sport is slightly more expensive to lease and SE only a tiny bit cheaper. Presume depreciation differences...

BMW came back to me today on the BIK. Apart from the 330e SE on 17” wheels (8% BIK) all other models are 12% BIK. Still makes it a no brainer compared to any other engine option. Be interesting to see what actual electric range you get. I tried a 225xe demo and struggled to get more than 15 miles out of it, was quite quick though!

I’ve finally managed to get a demo of a standard 320d M Sport this weekend (by having to go all the way to Chelmsford!?) so we’ll see whether the ride is ok or if I have to go adaptive. I guess you’re already used to the bumps! :-)

My take is the Drive Assistance will do traffic jam stuff. It will slow/stop/start the car and provide lane centering, even at slow speeds. Both a Peugeot 508 and Toyota RAV4 I tried did this pretty well, you just have to gently hold the wheel and it steers around bends, I found it made long motorway journeys a lot more relaxing but my wife hated it. Every now and then it got things a bit wrong so you still need to keep an eye out, especially in roadworks/narrow lanes..

Hi, would you mind sharing with me the information you had back from BMW saying the 330e SE was 8% BIK? I ordered the 330e SE Pro model in October using information from the ComCar website showing the 8% BIK rate applied to this model, however when I have returned to ComCar to try to find this now the model (and it's 8% BIK rating) has disappeared altogether! My new 330e arrives in a few weeks and want to make sure I have all the evidence I need for my P11d form. I'm looking forward to my first BMW but will be disappointed if the BIK goalposts have moved in the intervening period. Cheers.
Appreciate 0