View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #9
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I'm genuinely not trying to be rude here, but I am shocked your parents are participating in this. I don't expect you to take my advice especially because I'm sure it's not what you want to hear.

This is one of the worst deals I've ever seen and it's exacerbated by the immense amount of negative equity you have.

I've seen people go into financial ruin due to their unsustainable car habits and taking on more than they could afford, rolling in negative equity every few years on a fast track to bankruptcy. Obviously I don't know your financial situation, but even if this is something you could afford, it's just a terrible financial decision on all fronts. No amount of negotiating you or your parents can do will make this not a bad deal. This is shameless predatory lending in its purest form.

I would run far from this. I would keep the 2015 3 series until you either break-even on equity or just pay it off over the long haul. When close to paying it off or breaking even on equity, I would begin researching and educating myself on leasing vs. financing, negotiation tactics, and just general financial knowledge.

There's tons of good information out there. Try leasehackr if you haven't already done so, it's a great resource for finding out the best way to get a good deal.

That's just my two cents. Ultimately it's your choice and your life, so do with this what you will. In any case I wish you luck.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 4