10-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #8
Iworkfuels
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iworkfuels View Post
I got the lights in and the EU switch and the car says it isn't available. Making me think it may just be a programming/coding issue. The rear fogs are next to the reverse light on the EU tails lights, and I haven't looked at my US lights to see if they are in there.
I know exactly what you mean. I have the EU switch as well and get the same message.

The lights will plug in and function like yours do but I believe the modules just wont separate the braking function. Research on the X3 forums as there are few discussions over there as well as the G30 forums. I am not aware of anyone successfully activating the rear fogs or the Euro turn signals on US spec GX platforms.

If your shop gets them to work, there is hope for sure. Try to get the coding details for the rest of us if you don't mind.
I will definitely share. I am just in a hurried situation as I can't register or drive it in the UK and the Italian government (bought through BMW Military Sales there) will come for a 32% "import fee" if I don't register it in the UK. I have contacted BMW HQ and they don't recommend the mod so they won't help me. Therefore, I may be forced to sell the car if I can't get this fixed.
Appreciate 0