Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
Bingo. Somebody gets it.
Oh, I see - I just "don't get it."

Please, educate me on how much larger the car is.

Sure, the car is 3.5" longer but only 0.2" taller and 0.1" wider with a 0.4" shorter wheelbase.

This car is not the size of a model S but it weighs the same. I'm not trying to fling poo all over it but my god, the weight. You can't chalk it all up to the components you mentioned. The niceties on the inside do not add up to an 800 lb difference, and neither does the 3.5" in additional length (7.7 inches shorter than an S). It's due to chassis development from the ground up vs borrowing one available.

BMW badly missed which way the wind was blowing years ago. I hope the car is great, but range and performance have been compromised.

I got out of my E90 M3 ZCP in February and into a Model 3 Performance. Not as engaging, exhaust note blah blah etc that's all true. But I love it. The build quality is actually coming around on the Model 3 and can be attested to by even Sandy Munro. I like the interior (taste may vary) and the ergonomics and ease of use are fantastic. The car is very quiet (I have a 21 with the double pane windows so I'm not sure how big of a difference that makes). If I didn't need to make a change I may have potentially hung around for the i4. Was also heavily considering the Polestar 2. But these carry the compromise of a borrowed chassis. That is the reason for the weight. You guys are acting like stepping into this thing is going to be like getting into a Rolls Royce Wraith.
You're kidding yourself if you think any Tesla's build quality is to par with the Germans.
Appreciate 5