Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 G20 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by achk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Nope.
I can't see software updates on Connected Drive since I had an OTA last November 7/2020.54.
I hope to have everything updated when I go to the dealer for my first service in a months time
My experience is that the dealer won't upgrade the software if you have no reportable problems. I have tried using poor Apple CarPlay connection and drop outs as an excuse but they were still reluctant.

To be honest 7/2020.54 has been quite stable for me and I haven't had any issues. I personally rather not chase the software upgrades - sometimes you lose all your memory settings and certainly any codings will have to be redone again too.

The main issue I've noticed in the last few months is the connected drive network sporadically goes down and come back. So I tend to lose things like RTTI, weather info, ability to send addresses to car etc every now and then. The services tend to come back after a few hours though and then work fine.

Also noticing that when the car has not been driven for a few days, the connection to the network also stops (so can't send destinations ahead of time from my phone). This also happens when the car battery is running low - remedied by plugging in my ctek charger overnight.
Unfortunately for me 07/2020
Has been the opposite for me, introduced all sorts of annoying bugs, hence why I'm hoping 11/2020.xx fixes these for me .

Connected Drive app hasn't worked for me since I updated to 07/2020

From what I've read, the vehicle goes into a low power saving mode after a few days, to conserve battery, hence cutting off remote access
Retired - 2018 - Range Rover Velar SE D240
Retired - 2015 - Mercedes Benz C250d AMG Line W205
Appreciate 1
G20.rjm25.50