View Single Post
      12-29-2019, 09:11 PM   #19
sammyboy562
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Hi Sammyboy
No, no issues. And the car's lambda values etc from what I've seen are well within safe factory specs :-)

That said in that it looks like you are in California, like me, to really get the full performance potential out of the tune e30 is recommended. In that we don't have access to anything better than 91 at the pump E30 can be achieved by adding a couple gallons of e85 to our 91 California crap gas. If you don't want to go down the E30 route stage 2 can be provided to run on 91 only albeit with lower performance gains as you might imagine

Something else to consider for us Californians - while the MP Stage 2 tune always comes with free access to a stage 1 tune - as a $100 option Alex provides a dual fuel tune where your stage 2 tune is designed for E30 and your stage 1 is designed for 91.

If you ever want to take a ride and/or drive in a stage 2 M340 or 340 Alex is in Mission Viejo and usually makes himself available for such things and I am in Huntington Beach typically with access to both 340 (mine) and M340 stage 2 cars (friends mine will be here around June)

Hope this helps

ps- I went to school in LB and we keep our boat in Alamitos Bay
Thanks for the information chenry , curious does stage 2 provide increased performance to stage 1 on just octane 91 if I do not have access to e85 at all times or would the dual tune handle this automatically? What does the user have to do to swap the tune from stage 1 to stage 2 in the case of different fuels? Would I start to experience misfires or any problems without the e85? Thanks again for the info!

Last edited by sammyboy562; 12-29-2019 at 09:16 PM..
Appreciate 0