05-11-2021, 06:15 AM   #2
m240nj
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostrata View Post
Exactly as the title states. I’m not sure why everyone seems to love these tires. I never had the misfortune of having to drive on them until I bought my 340X. Broke loose constantly and seemed to behave as though the car was a pair of roller skates on an ice rink. Terrible. Then I wound up with a screw in one of the rear tires. I seized the opportunity to have them replaced with PSS (only in the rear because they no longer make a 225 for the front). I don’t know what’s more irritating, the fact the BMW chose a skinny ass wheel for the front or that Michelin had the audacity to replace a good thing with garbage. Anywho… I get my beloved PSS tires installed on the rear only because that was the problem area. Now it barely allows for any skidding on the pavement and I can get into the corners much more aggressively than I could before. The rear also tracks better and distinctly illustrates the weakness of the front tires. By looking at the specs and the tires, you’d think they’d be an upgrade. I believe the totally changed their formula to cater to a quieter ride and to be more climate friendly.

Unfortunately, it looks like I’m shit out of luck because I can’t find my front tires anywhere in the states so I’m going to have to swap out and go with a square 8.5” setup so I can toss 255s on the front because at least they’re still making those for the time being. After that I suppose I’ll have to go dumpster diving.

I’m kind of curious if anyone else has had the same or similar experience and if you’d like to share it. I really thought I was losing my mind. Sucks it wasn’t true. /EndRant
What were the treads like on them? What temperature range were you driving them in? I had the polar opposite experience with PS4's. Had them on my 240 and it was a VERY difficult task trying to break them loose. My only complaint was the steering was a little less direct which I'm sure is attributed to the softer sidewall going from runflats to non runflats. I'll be putting the PS4's on my 340 in the next few days once I surpass the break in mileage.
Appreciate 0