Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbt007 View Post
Well, so I guess for people who want a hardtop convertible, the current generation is the one to buy. Almost tempted myself even though I'm not sure a convertible is practical for me.
Thats the thing though, hard top convertibles are excellent year round vehicles with almost no drawbacks compared to fixed roof vehicles.
The major draw back for hard tops being a huge compromise of trunk space even with the top up. Can't put a couple sets of golf clubs in the trunk, can't really put luggage for 2 and have the top down. Definitely can't handle typical luggage for a week away. What's the fun of a vert if you can't take it anywhere.

Modern soft tops are sealed and insulated as good as a hard top

I see the differences are subjective style and the fact that yes a hooligan with a knife can cut through it
Not true.
You have double storage in convertible with rear seats acting as storage. This is a car for 2 ppl. We have done plenty of long road trips....even with top down, I managed to get all the luggage in trunk as well as rear seats.
Golf clubs...no issue. In the trunk with roof closed or on rear seats with roof open.
Car is a 4 seater... just the statement that the car is meant for two shows you have already given up on the two rear seats to make it work for you. I see putting luggage on the rear seats still a huge compromise. I get hard top fans are willing to go to great lengths to simulate practicality through some creativity and sacrifice. Ultimately the soft top is just worlds better at retaining the same practicality as the coupe with the ability to put the top down. I mean why wouldn't you want the ability to fully utilize the trunk with 4 people in the car and top down???
Appreciate 0