Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpbandit13 View Post
New to the forums and I just got my m340. If all I have is a VRSF downpipe should I select stage 1 or stage 2 when purchasing the tune. Im not sure if the stage 2 is going to require more hardware than the downpipe.
Don't want to speak for them, but Mission Performance used to comment on this thread....maybe they can chime in on some of these questions as I'm curious too. Oh, and maybe they can address the update and robbed horsepower (with comparable dyno graphs) that has been the chatter on here as well.
Maybe you should PM them directly, I honestly want to hear their response to this so-called power-robbing claim when everyone rates the B58M30O1 as 382HP stock output.
The 382 crank horsepower seems to be accurate after the "detune". The chatter is regarding the fact that, before the detune, the m340i was putting out almost 400 peak WHEEL horsepower (obviously this is like 430-440ish crank horsepower). So with BMW's past of putting out underrated engines, the earlier version with almost 400 whp seemed to be continuing the tradition (and then some). But when Mission Performance came out and said BMW had detuned later versions through an update, and that it was all the way down to the manufacturers actual ratings (382 crank)....it was kind of deflating. When was the last time BMW put out a turbocharged engine that "only" put out its manufactured claims, and nothing above??

So yes, if Mission Performance would show the before and after dyno graphs, yes, it might clarify some of this. Of course, they are probably annoyed by all of this and only want to comment on their tune (which they're not doing either).
Appreciate 0