View Single Post
      11-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
Rossodio
Lifelong BMW Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i

Immediately taking new car to have tires changed out when I receive it

I will be getting an M340i with the solid jet black 19 inch wheels as a part of a factory build. I must have these wheels to truly get the build that I want in this case. The dealer who is putting the factory order in has confirmed that, for whatever reason, my only two options for tires that will come on the vehicle from the BMW plant will be either non-run flat *HIGH* performance (which also requires the enhanced cooling system etc. which I don't want) or All-Season tires. I am not interested in having a spare in the trunk and not interested in the potential for decreased comfort and increased noise that the high performance tires would mean. I also have no real interest in the All-Season tires that could otherwise come with the car for reasons that I am sure most here are quite aware of. I was hoping that, as with every single other wheel style that is offered for this model, that BMW would allow me to choose the Performance run-flat tire (not the high performance non-run flat).

The best solution I have come up with is to pick the car up from the Performance Center once it arrives and then to immediately drive it somewhere to have the all season tires taken off and have a better performance tire put on that would be akin to the Performance tires offered by default on most BMW's.

Obviously there would be cost associated, but I am trying to figure out two things -
1) As I am not beholden to the BMW dealership and can have tires put on anywhere, any specific tire recs? I could go to a dealer and have them throw their performance run flats on but I am sure there are better options.
2) Since the all season tires will have been driven on for less than 100 miles, any change I would get some sort of credit for them? They could surely be resold, albeit as used tires.

I'm open to any other suggestions. I drive my cars hard and am pretty certain I don't want to run the all season tires down, though.
2018 340i - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige Dakota Leather - 2018-March 2021
2021 M340i - Dravit Grey Metallic/Cognac Vernasca Leather - March 2021-Present
Appreciate 0