08-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #9
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfoses View Post
No E85 charts? Bit surprised with a modern platform 100 and 104 octane were used and not E85.
Factory fueling system would need to be upgraded in order to support E85. Right now there simply isnt enough injector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Hmmm... So, how does the Dinan warranty work on a US-spec car in Europe?

I think military/diplomatic purchase cars have a 3 year warranty here. Does the 4yr/50000mi warranty still apply to us?

Now to figure out how to get the DME to you, I'm not sure how long I can be without the car. I might have to wait until next summer when we're home for a visit.
The factory matching Dinan+ warranty is specific to the NA market (US/Canada) I'm afraid. To put it simply, laws are different overseas, and there aren't the same protections that limit overreach like there are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwrock View Post
These flashes are nice and i would LOVE to have it. I did have Bootmod3 on my 2020 330i until i had a warranty claim and they had to replace the communication module which required a DME update to make anything communications related in my car work again. So because of this update i could no longer unlock my car through OBD and would have to send out my ECU. Personally i can't go weeks without a vehicle so i sold my Bootmod3 license. Yes i could of sent my ECU to get bench unlocked...but if i were to have another warranty issue that requires an update i would be screwed again and have to send the ecu out AGAIN. In my opinion until they find a way that we can OBD unlock ourselves it is more of a hassle than anything else. Hopefully a solution will be found soon because i would buy this in a heartbeat.
Bench flashes are not ideal for anyone, ourselves included, but its what we have to work with at present so for those that wish to go that route and get something sooner there is an option. Field unlocks are being worked on, by everyone as is the '21 MY limitation so its just a matter of time but the timetable on that is anyone's guess. The final piece on a major breakthrough could happen today or years from now.
Appreciate 1
Punkwrock118.50