Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
I had the E92 M3 for 4 years, averaged around 14,5 litres/100 km. My F80 Comp averages 10,5 litres. Its a massive massive difference. 10.5 should be around 27 mpg. I drive exactly the same with both cars. 2 days ago we were having fun with my son for 3 hours, averaged 12.5 litres/100 km. Don't know how 19mpg is possible if not on full throttle all the time.

It's all about driving style, off/low boost the S55 is less thirsty than the S65 but at mid to high boost it's thirstier. For me the S55's party trick for all it is giving up in terms of high rpm thrills and induction noise vs the S65 is it's steep torque curve. That steepness require high psi and since it's accessible at pretty much all rpms I tend to use it often, that's why my consumption is WAY higher than yours.
I track boost via AWRON when I drive my car, and during normal driving the S55 uses little to no boost at all. It's only during hard acceleration where it comes on heavy. The pic below was taken on the 241 toll roads in Orange County at about 70 MPH cruising speed (...actually I slowed down to 47 MPH to take the pic, but at 70 MPH on cruise control the boost was identical). I'm using 0 boost. It truly surprises me that your mileage is so bad.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
solstice5456.50