skroonigan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfinedandunfiltered View Post
Hi everyone,

I saw a diy ceramic coating called Armor IX that purports to be easy to apply and lasts a long time.

My M340i only has 600 miles on it and I want to keep the finish in good shape over the long term but just can’t stomach paying 2k to have someone “coat” my car.

Anybody have experience with these diy types? At $60 it seems worthwhile but I don’t want to use it if it might damage the paint either.
I'm assuming it's the Avalonking Armor Shield IX? I applied that on my previous car (Genesis G70) and it worked great (yeah probably not as good as the more expensive stuff in this thread). The car was new so I had to do minimal correction to the paint (YMMV). Beaded water and def made a difference after seeing how dirty my M340i gets parked in my driveway in the same spot (stupid tree). I would watch some videos and inspect your paint before applying, it might make sense to have a detailer do a paint correction depending on the condition of your paint before you do the diy ceramic coating. The key with the ceramic coating is to make sure your paint is perfect/as good as you can get it before applying the ceramic coating. It can (most likely) be hard to remove the ceramic coating to do a paint correction after it's been applied.
Appreciate 0