View Single Post
      09-17-2023, 12:23 PM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Even though the Viofo 139 Pro uses the newest Starvis2 sensor and has good reviews for its resolution (my 1st choice) - when i recently went to buy a dash cam for our new m440i vert at Blackboxmycar I was told NOT to buy the Viofo due to the fact the wiring is poorly shielded and causes potential interference in euro cars like bmw MB and audi, effecting keyless entry and radio in their experience, and the wiring for power and rear cam is extremely thick and hard to run under the tight fitting interior panels on euro built cars...

They recommended either the Blackview or Thinkware U1000. I already have the BV in my 435 that I purchased thru them, so I went with the thinkware U1000 2ch with radar for parking mode enhancement and the Blackboxmycar battery with extended hardwire from bat to camera since the normally supplied cable is 15ft and that was gonna be a little short to run from battery in trunk cavity to windshield.

They said even though the TW U1000 uses the Starvis1 it still holds its own today in terms of video quality

Not like they made more money off me for the TW over the Viofo actually they made less. They deal primarily with dash cams from many mfg and have done tons of installs in many models of cars so I take their advice seriously.

New cam arrives tomorrow and I'll prolly install next weekend

Check out their site or YouTube = tons of info & videos, good pricing, quik delivery and they gave me additional 5% off
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0