View Single Post
      02-01-2024, 11:06 PM   #70
MOTO
Turbo fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Garage List
I don't get the big deal of assembly in Mexico. Lots of companies are doing it. Boeing is making all kinds of stuff you fly in/on in China. That's a lot more scary but people do it without thought, day in and day out.

It's all about the proper assembly processes and quality control. All of that should be setup to BMW quality standards and closely monitored. I can't tell the difference between my new BMW assembled in Mexico, and the old 5 series that was all German made -- quality seems to be the same. Do I prefer to have a BMW 100% made in Germany? Yeah, sure.

You can thank globalism and the expectation of cheaper labor and goods for all of this -- as well as import/export issues in certain countires. The world has moved all mass production mfg's into this kind of oursourcing -- apparently people haven't caught onto that yet.

Nothing wrong with wanting a 100% German made BMW but do your homework, vs feeling butthurt when you learn after the fact, and come here trashing the brand, as if they tricked and lied to you.

This whole thing was "fullish" but no real harm, no foul -- you just won't get much sympathy from folks here with that approach (or anywhere, for the most part). In fact most people are aholes on forums/the internet. You better have thicker skin, when playing the game you did here.

ANYHOW,

Enjoy the 911 and I sure hope your health improves. Enjoy the time you have and the car that makes you feel giddy again. Can't go wrong with a 911, I miss mine dearly! God Bless.