View Single Post
      09-06-2021, 07:20 AM   #11
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrivera777 View Post
M440i all come with remote start I thought. Just ordered the M440i Gran Coupe and was told that it was standard. Enjoy the car. Greats specs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarniac View Post
After much research and deliberation, today I put down the deposit for an M440i the dealership has for sale (one of the managers’ car, having done around 5,500 miles) with all the spec I wanted.
  • Exterior: Dravit Grey Metallic (I had one of three colours in mind: Aventurine Red, Dravit Grey and Tanzine Blue)
  • Interior: Oyster with Grey Contrast Stitching (Vernasca Leather)
  • M Technology Pack
  • Visibility Pack (Laserlight, High Beam Assist)
  • Comfort Plus Pack (Front Lumbar, Electronic Front Seats + Driver Memory, Additional Storage Compartment, Heated Steering Wheel, Comfort Access, Electric Boot lid)
  • Technology Plus Package (Parking Assistant Plus, Drive Recorder, H/K Surround Audio System, Gesture Control, Head-up Display)
  • Shadowline Plus (Black Mirror Caps, Individual Lights Shadow Line, 19” Jet Black style 791 M run-flats, Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents)

This will be my first BMW. My current car is a Jaguar XE P250 (petrol auto, 247hp), which is very good and I do love, but I wanted something more sporty (without going all the way to a full-fat M). Prior to that I had Mazda 6 (manual, diesel).

The bits I have on my Jaguar XE that I won’t have on the M440i:
  • Ventilated seats.
  • ClearView camera rearview mirror (probably the bit I’ll miss the most - it’s fantastic).
  • Powered steering column adjustments.
  • Remote start (will be second most missed, very useful on hot summer and cold winter days).

Should pick it up middle of next week (exact collection TBC)!
Pretty positive remote start is still not available in the UK for any BMW I'm afraid. Obviously electric guys can do more but not any of us with actual engines...
Appreciate 0