10-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #132
x986
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 340, ex e92 335, ex e46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I just got a 2018 Audi S4, and it looks very nice.
The problem?
It doesn't compare favorably to how both of my F30's drove, 335i Msport and 340i Msport.

When this S4 lease is over I'm heading back to BMW for how BMW designs driver ergonomics and it's superior engineering in drivability.
Those are the things that set BMW apart.

If you want your German sport sedan to look like it performs better, then go with an Audi or MB. If you want it to perform, feel, and work like a BMW, then get a BMW. I got the S4 because my lease ran out and I didn't want to wait 6-8 months.
Had I known then what I know now I would have waited.
Life is short, change cars often.

Yup, it's a driving machine. And this one will probably better than the last. My mid-cycle update '16 340 with adaptive suspension and all the goodies is a great car. My lease is up in February, and I'm shopping. I tried an '18 Audi S5 V-6 and thought "Ehh". Driving home in the 340, I knew it was a better car than the new Audi.

I may get kicked out of the club, but I have never bought BMWs for what I have always thought were their 'rather ordinary' looks, but because they come closer to "the ultimate car" driving experience than anything else on the road. Now, if I can just get one with less than $10K premium over a Genesis G70 - - -
Appreciate 1
RPM90889.50