Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzau View Post
BlueOnBlue just make sure you have the most recent PSzData file for use with Esys. Here's how to VO code it without dealer finding out:

* Connect with Esys - Target Selector: choose the i-step that most closely matches your car version. For G20 that's S18A_xx_xx. Under Interface, select 'Connection by VIN' If your VIN is not listed you have an issue. DO NOT select any of the options prefixed with "xx_DIRECT"

* Hit Connect button

* Under 'Vehicle Order' click on Read

* Under 'Vehicle Order' right-click on FA and choose Activate FA if required

* Under 'SVT Actual', click on Read (ECU)

* If it's the first time you have coded, right-click on ECU under the SVT tree and choose 'Read Coding Data'. Use Windows File Explorer to backup your CAF directory which by default is C:\Data\CAF

* Save your FA and SVT

* Under Editors and Viewers - select 'FA Editor' and load your saved FA

* Click on SALAPA-Element find and remove 5AP from the list. Click on Apply Changes

* Click on File-Save As Give it a name e.g "FA_no_5AP"

* Switch back to Expert Mode-Coding Load the FA you just created with no 5AP and do Read (ECU) again.

* Select the following 5 ECU's in the SVT pane:

BDC_BODY3
HU_MGU
FML (both of them)
KAFAS4

* With the 5 ECUs selected, click on Code (not Code Default Values.) Alternatively you can right click on each and "code"

* Check the report is Green for all 5 ECUs. Warnings are OK, but the text should be Green. Any red texts suggests you have a problem

* That's it!
That's the stuff, exactly what I needed.

I'll report back once I successfully code it again, and if not just assume I died in the explosion!

Appreciate 0