Rep
Drives: '24 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossodio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
It sounds to me that if you are steadfast on the wheels and refuse to take on the ZTK package, the logical solution is to order the car with your jet black 791 wheels and when the car hits the dealership, order some replacement tires that meet your specific requirements.

The dealer is not necessarily your friend on a tire swap because you will pay too much for the replacement tires you choose. Looking at your vehicle rotation every three years, it looks like you lease so as previously mentioned, storing the stock "star" tires for turn in might be a good idea. If you are going to buy the tire wheel insurance coverage from the dealer you'll need to know how replacing the tires affects that.

Check with the best tire retailer in Greenville, or checkout TireRack for options. They are experts in this stuff.

I wanted the 797 staggered wheels on my new M440i, but I didn't lease and I am going to pretty much daily drive the car in an area of the Midwest that averages 16 inches of snow over 5-6 events each year and frequent days below 40 degrees, so I am taking the opposite approach. I'm replacing my P7 run flat summer tires next week with an ultra-high performance all season go flat tire, probably Continentals and adding an inflator kit to the trunk. I'm not leasing so I plan to sell my P7s and hopefully recover at least a third of the cost of the new tires, maybe selling them to a G20 driver who needs them.
Well, this car will actually be the first that I have purchased since my first car back in 1997. As it will be a purchase, I am not sure that it affects what I ought to do based on what I see in your post there. It looks like I will get the jet black wheels and immediately replace the tires. The question is whether I go through tire rack and get something nice that is a performance run flat and may outclass what the dealer offers or go through the dealer for their "performance run flat" tires du jour. If I go the tire rack route but have the dealership actually switch the tires out, would there be any disadvantage to this as opposed to using whatever the dealership has as their default performance RF option? If not, I will definitely tote tires I buy to the dealership to install.
The thing to think about is why are you so concerned with performance tires of you are willing to get the skinny rear wheels? Why not just stick with the all season?

As noted above if you get the all seasons from the factory you are getting narrow rear rims (same width as the fronts) if you are interested in the handling benefits of the summer tires you will want the wider rear rims which add rear grip.

Overall the extra cooling might not be necessary but if you care about having performance tires on the car it sounds like the performance benefit of the larger brakes might be of interest along with the wider rear set.

FWIW the tires that come with ZTK are top of the line
Basically this

It's unfortunate though as the G22 has the option it seems you are looking for

Option 1PP. 791M staggered with performance rfts

Maybe order an M440xi instead 😋
Appreciate 0