Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
For the record guys IIHS does NOT test the actual lasers only the LEDs despite what it says. I emailed them about the X5's laser lights and their response is below.
I don't know what you were asking and what she was referring to but their website clearly states that the 2019 X5 has been tested with laser headlights. Go to https://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/ve.../x5-4-door-suv and it clearly says under headlights trim level "...Icon Adaptive Headlights with Laser Light package."

But this has nothing to do with the G20.
Here we go again, the same goes for the 3 Series which I'll gladly confirm with IIHS. They only test the LEDs in the housing not the laser high beams which is what the email says. I didn't think it was hard to read and see this but now you know. if you want it more black and white email them for yourself.

Also the LEDs in the laser assembly are different than the normal full LED versions even with the laser high beams off. This has been beaten to death in the X5 forums so I'm posting it here to avoid the same thing here
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0