XXXX
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive Touring Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
To me noises that seem to develop at specific speeds and seem constant in nature, I always suspect either the transmission or rear differential. I believe your service departments are simply throwing out darts in the dark to see what sticks and what doesn't. Changing tires and bearings to your heart's content is not goin g to solve the problem as evidenced by this discussion.
Whatever is causing the noise, the triggering factor is the type of the surface. On 95% of the asphalt roads the noise is present. But I have a specific two lane road, the lanes are made from different types of asphalt. On one lane, made from older type asphalt (very smooth, shining when wet type) the noise is almost non-existent. But on the other lane made from different type of asphalt (more grippy) the noise starts immediately.
I noticed that also on pedestrian crossings, when you drive on the zebra marks, made from very thick paint, the noise stops.
I don't think that it is the tires and the surface that make the sound, but different surfaces make different vibrations.
Appreciate 0