BMKILLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofomat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMKILLA View Post
When I have my cruise set I notice that I am able to cruise right up to the car in front, without the automatic brake function kicking in. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not sure if there is a fault with my radar? I know my car doesn't have the adaptive cruise feature but miffed why the sensor in the bumper doesn't at least stop the car crashing into the car in front when cruising?

I am aware that the description cruise and brake refers to the dial on the SW being able to accelerate and brake but it's way too much effort to be braking all the time and resetting the cruise. I'm used to the AC after having it on my previous car but I see lots of G20s don't have this option selected, for me it's a top feature
So let me get this straight. You KNOW it doesn't have Adaptive Cruise Control, but thought it would have some kind of collision avoidance system, similar to that which would react if a pedestrian stepped out in front of the car, and you want to be able to rely on it to avoid crashing into the car in front because you find braking "too much effort"?
I am asking if anyone's car recognises an obstacle at speed and reduces speed. I don't expect the car to auto accelerate and constantly brake as it doesn't have adaptive cruise, I just want to know if there's an issue with mine and if it doesn't work by design then that's fine.

You're just asking a bit of my question back to me, your reply is not helpful whatsoever and if you can't be bothered to be helpful I'd rather you simply kept your comments to yourself and don't reply to any of my posts thank you.
Appreciate 1
nashdm218.00