tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredcohiba View Post
If she has family issues and no one to help her out, you would be doing a good thing by helping her out. You are the car guy, so it’s in your DNA. Give her no guarantees, only the benefit of your knowledge.
This. LuvMyE92, are you saying you are declining to help her?! Surely not.

I have a young lady from church who heard I was a car guy and asked me for advice. She is stuck on a Toyota Rav4 and is looking at ten year old models with well over 100k miles to get one within her price range. She kept sending me links and I kept telling her they were not good choices. Too many miles and too much money. As you can imagine most of them are on “note lots”. I was encouraging her to broaden her considerations and making suggestions, but she was unwilling. I finally got pretty put out with her. I spent a fair amount of time trying to find good options for her. So I told her I wasn’t going to rubber stamp what I feel is a very poor financial decision and since she wasn’t willing to even consider the recommendations I made I had nothing more to offer her and I was going to end my involvement.

This was a first for me. I have helped lots of my friends with their car shopping. I’ve been directly responsible for the choices quite a few of them ended up making.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!