View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 10:08 PM   #9
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
XHP is the ONLY transmission flash so I am not sure what you have already. If you mean you have a DME flash (bm3, ecutek, mhd) that is not related to the trans dme.
I believe that there are tuners out there that promote they do a "TCU/Transmission" tune - but they never really give any details to what they do.

I had a DME tune and the tuner said they can also do a TCU tune and they were charging some big amount for it. They could never tell me exactly what they were doing.

So there are some out there - but I have never been able to figure out what they were doing.

Otherwise to flash the TCU yourself, correct, seems XHP is the only one.

Personally I have been using XHP for about a year. You really don't need any other TCU tune. The options and maps avialable on XHP is all you'll need and you can really tailor the shift points and shift speeds etc so well. If you had another (supposedly) TCU tune, I'd be inclined to just ditch it and use XHP.

If I was ditching a previous tune (either DME or TCU) I would alwasy flash back to stock first and then flash the new tune. On the DME side this will mean re-locking the DME, so you'd need to unlock. I have heard that you can get into trouble flashing a different tune over an existing one. But I do not know for sure.

I had bought some "custom" DME tune that turned out to be bad (EvolveTecknik / PerformancePP) and I ditched it for MHD (1000% better tune) and I reverted back to stock tune, unlocked the DME again and then flashed MHD. I'd do the same with the TCU - but obviously the locking/unlocking is not an issue on the TCU.
Appreciate 0