View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #1269
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
BMW should consider to reschedule their product offerings, I mean all variants of the same series shouldn't be introduced that far apart, 3ser and 4ser to me should be out at the same time or no later than 3 months apart, I mean who's buying a F92 4ser coupe when G20 3 sedans are out? the same goes to M cars and regular series
Launching everything closely together increases risks and costs. Furthermore, resources are limited - only so much can be done at any one time. If you are going that far, why not take it a step further and suggest that BMW should refresh the whole product lineup (or at least the whole passenger car or SAV lineup) together so nothing ever looks stale? The line must be drawn somewhere.

Although the sedans and coupes typically share many parts, they are still different enough to be different products. Notice that they do typically space the sedan and wagon variants closely. Same thing for the coupe and convertible. A balance is stricken and it has worked for them. Notice also, that the competition does the very same thing. If you are spending more money than your competition without noticeable revenue increase, you are losing. So, they do it this way because they don't want to lose.
Appreciate 1
FC05206.50