Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring Z3M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC05 View Post
BMW should consider to reschedule their product offerings, I mean all variants of the same series shouldn't be introduced that far apart, 3ser and 4ser to me should be out at the same time or no later than 3 months apart, I mean who's buying a F92 4ser coupe when G20 3 sedans are out? the same goes to M cars and regular series
Launching everything closely together increases risks and costs. Furthermore, resources are limited - only so much can be done at any one time. If you are going that far, why not take it a step further and suggest that BMW should refresh the whole product lineup (or at least the whole passenger car or SAV lineup) together so nothing ever looks stale? The line must be drawn somewhere.

Although the sedans and coupes typically share many parts, they are still different enough to be different products. Notice that they do typically space the sedan and wagon variants closely. Same thing for the coupe and convertible. A balance is stricken and it has worked for them. Notice also, that the competition does the very same thing. If you are spending more money than your competition without noticeable revenue increase, you are losing. So, they do it this way because they don't want to lose.
Yeah, I get what you mean here.
I wasn't ask to launch all their product line ups at the same time, every segments have their very own life cycles. Only I asked to introduce variants of the same series the same time or maybe closely enough.
I see Audi often debuts their A4 sedan along with its avant and S4 variants, while RS4 follows right after.
Anyway, I understand assembly lines and resources and things need to be organized sort of stuff.Respect.