View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #106
ryivnx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5Comp, E46M3 6MT, 328d, M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
G20 is a great car but with the newly design digital instrument is way too busy to look at, not a big fan of the digital display I will take the analog gauges over the new design. The F80 instruments is pretty good and simple to look at HUD is a good features to have and not looking down at the instrument all the time.
Porsche & Ferrari still offer the analog gauges on their vehicle where Mercedes,Audi & BMW is leaning to the digital display cheaper to manufacture.
I prefer the analog design on F80 simple to look at and all other info is available via HUD who needs the nav on middle of the dash board should keep your eyes on the road instead of paying attention to the dash board.
Beside you can't get a 6MT on G20.
I agree that analog gauges look more "romantic" on a sports car which is why I think they you either stick to analog look or a completely digital one.
I do love the interior of my E46 M3 and G20 M340 because they are consistent with either analog or digital design language.

I do love the F80 platform because it is a brilliant machine l but I think the the F generation is a little bit confused in what they were trying to accomplish - not quite analog and not quite digital. Kind of an awkward mix
Appreciate 1
zamboni1130.50