ThatKrazyPolak
Banned
Rep
Drives: 228xi (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundstrom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf44 View Post
Anyone purchase wheel/tire insurance for their G20?

Setting aside the debate as to whether or not it's worth it (which depends on a great number of factors, including road conditions where you are and wheels/tires you have mounted), I'd like to hear from some folks who have opted for it.

How much did you pay for it? Was that a negotiated price?

And, is the coverage through BMW, or a 3rd party company? If a 3rd party, what company? And what are the terms/deductibles of your coverage?

We talk a lot about negotiating the price of the car, I thought we should also discuss negotiating the price of wheel/tire insurance. So let's hear it; what did you pay? And what did you get?
i'm going to be looking into it for sure. i got it when it was $800 3 cars ago and it paid off in spades.

since that, i haven't in my last two and probably would've broke even. the quote price was between $1600 and $2000 and i didn't try to negotiate it.

i'm in NJ and have gone through 3 tires on both my last two leases. i could've gotten rims if i wanted to pay for them but just dealt with it.

i'm getting 19" all season run flats on my '21 m340 that's due in next month and i'll see what the tire insurance is. If it's $1000, i'll do it. otherwise, i'll just hold my breath.
Holding your breath is going to be pointless if you commute on the Parkway or Turnpike, I wish you luck.
Appreciate 0