View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 08:29 AM   #16
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMartin View Post
I think the servicing will be worth it on my M340i as I intend to keep it for 4/5 years. I do a lowish mileage so will only get 2 services in on that package, but should still save money as paying for them separately would cost £800-900 at the moment without allowing for inflation.

Does anyone know if it is transferrable with the car if sold?
I'm thinking the same! I intend to keep my car long-term (at least five years) and I believe a service is required at least once every two years regardless of mileage? That being the case I'll get at least two services under the Service Pack and they'll cost more than £606 at a main dealer (as you say, £800-£900 is probably nearer the mark).

I think once a pack's paid for it's attached to the vehicle and is therefore transferrable should you sell the car. A few years ago I bought a used E92 335i which had had the service pack taken out when new and the balance transferred to me; in that instance the purchase was a AUC from a BMW main dealer but I'm pretty sure the balance of the service pack would still have transferred even if I'd bought the car on a private sale.

ETA: Now spoken to a local dealer and it seems you won't get much change (if any) from £1k for the first two services on a M340i - on that basis £606 for a 5-year/60k mile service pack looks good value (providing of course you intend to keep the car long enough to require at least two services!).

Last edited by JNW1; 11-25-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0