10-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #83
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
What's there to understand? There was a time when all of BMWs most desirable cars were manual transmission. I own a car that ONLY came in a manual transmission. I refuse to buy any car with a torque converted automatic; as do other true enthusiasts I know.

It's fine some of you drive automatics and buy those cars; but to defend those gearboxes and argue they are more enjoyable than a manual is frankly an invalid argument!!
It's not an invalid argument. People can like what they like and just because you think something is more enjoyable, doesn't mean other people have to also find that particular thing more enjoyable as well.

Some people genuinely have more fun yanking on a paddle than moving around a little lever between the seats. Some people even have more fun yanking on a paddle than getting in a car, feeling super insecure because...shit man, Stacy is like right over there and SHIT, i knew i should've taken Brad up on his offer to learn on his sentra back in the day, do you think Stacy cares? I can't risk it. Fuck it. From now on i like autos better. I've made that decision for the rest of my life and that's final. Stacy can never know.

But regardless of people's reasons, they're allowed to feel that way and it can be perfectly valid.
Appreciate 0