MarkDemma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcva View Post
So, to be clear. We agree with BMW here. an M2 GC does not make sense. We want a 4 door M2. Shorten the front door, put in a B pillar for structural rigidity and put in a back door. It makes it easier to load your track tires, occasional short-distance passengers (kids love it) or dog. Porsche-like performance with *enough* of an accessible back seat...NOT a 5 passenger sedan, which the new 3er has become. You've got a great new E39 on the way, where's the E36/E46? More of a practical Sports Car than a fast sedan.

I'm going to keep pointing to Paul's renderings for reference.
If you just want seats for occasional short distance passengers, why is pulling the seat up to get someone in / out of a coupe THAT much effort? I get that everyone wants a SUV / SAV / anything higher off the ground so it's easier for "modern bodies" to get in and out of ... but is a coupe now really considered unworkable because no one is willing / able to get into the back seat of one? Not sure I'd want to put an elderly person in the back if my 2er, but no one has had a problem getting in and out.

If someone wants a big, lumbering 4 door M car, there are already PLENTY of choices.
Appreciate 0