View Single Post
      11-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #36
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Some of you are saying these are good figures? These are not good figures at all. The economy is doing very well at this moment. If it wasn't for the X5, and new 8 series there would not be an increase this month in new car sales at all.

Even the 5 series is not selling as well as last year with 892 less vehicles sold this year compared to last year. And the X2 is doing terribly with almost 50% drop in sales.

To the guy that said the 7 series is selling well with its big grill, let's put things in perspective. With up to $20k off MSRP that dealers are giving customers, an increase of only 52 vehicles is very low, when they are practically giving this car away. That should tell you that people don't want the new 7 with its larger than life grill.

Don't mean to be that guy but this month is not a good month for BMWNA.
No kidding. Passenger sales down 20% with multiple new models? X5 numbers are good but again, just came out less than a year ago. The X7 is a brand new model and I will bet anyone that 12-24 months from now they'll plummet relative to these numbers. Just need about a year for all the "gotta be first" soccer moms to with $100K to spend have them and see who steps up after the newness wears off. Good they finally addressed that crowd but it's a very niche market with plenty of diverse competition.

Trust me, I could write a book on the observations and mentality of the car-line parents.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3566.00