View Single Post
      11-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Maybe it just depends where you live. In the Northwest they are exclusively techies.

I can't speak to the Model 3 but when I worked at Tesla, the Model S was indeed a nerd mobile.
There's no need to limit your perception by your geographical location. We have the internet at our disposal, and if you read discussions on this forum and forums like it you will see immediately that plenty of automotive enthusiasts drive Tesla vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
There are many buyers for BMW that are... not enthusiasts.
Also very true, yes. There is a tendency among some enthusiasts to want to believe that BMW is a brand for them alone and that its financial success is owed primarily to those who love cars and who love to drive. This may have been true in decades past (or it may not have - I don't have data), but it is not necessarily the case today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Perhaps this is a good thing so BMW can stop chasing after the general public and get back into designing cars for the enthusiasts!
BMW is under no illusion that this is a good thing. A corporate entity does not generally want to lose customers because it usually means losing money. BMW is, in fact, preparing a whole host of new EV products over the next few years precisely because they are keenly aware that if they do not, they will eventually become uncompetitive and could face elimination.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3539.50