View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #42
Enigma735
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I was able to update the firmware from my S58 JB4 to B58 and put the JB4 on my M340i. It made a decent difference on my X3M. I felt it more going backwards (taking it off and going to stock) vs putting it on.

So far I am not sure if it's working. I sent the logs for Map 2 and 3 to Terry and he said it all looks good. From what I can gather, it is sending more boost than stock.

However, I ran a quarter mile test on Draggy in Map3 and the results were less than impressive.

0-60 on the all seasons seemed to move the car really good. It peeled out a bit and launched pretty hard. I tried launch control but not sure if it activated since I did not see it on the dash. I find it hard to believe it would do a 3.8 0-60 without it though.

The 12.14 @ 112 seems like a stock time from the little bit of time slips I have seen posted. Running a conversion from 1/8 to 1/4 it's spot on- 7.8 1/8= 12.17 1/4. 112mph tells me the car isn't making much power over stock, if any.

I'll have to do some more testing to see if changing between maps makes any difference vs stock. Since I have a baseline 1/4 run I should be able to get away with doing 1/8 passes now, which is obviously much easier to accomplish.
Is it possible the MY21 is hampered by the mild hybrid engine and tuning for it versus the 2020?
Appreciate 0