View Single Post
      01-09-2022, 04:52 PM   #226
cujc14
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLL RACER View Post
Would not be without x drive. If you think it adds weight thus bogging the car down and or other headaches. Your very mistaken. No matter what climate x drive shows it dominance on all types of roads and race tracks. Rain. shine snow, sleet or just when you want a standing start with launch control, GOODBYE RWD! SEE YA! NO WEIGHT TRANSFER like rwd cars. Audi started it all with quattro and they still has that 1st position in the auto industry, but BMW does a similar and VERY good awd system with a rear bias.. One of the reasons Audi owns the race world for many years, was back in the day of the coupe quattro being banned from the use of quattro, then fast forward to the r-8 through r-18 days with the the use of quattro on race tracks. Now all car brands make awd before they all boo hoo-d it., but is no equal to quattro or x drive. I can take a quattro rs-3 for example and burn your rwd car off the line by 8 car lengths, before you may catch me, a big may! I have been in the racing world for years and driven them all. AWD all the way! Thus you made a mistake in your rwd option choice for your car.
Couldn't have said it better. Having the flexibility and confidence of the AWD system far out weights any drawbacks of additional weight.
Appreciate 1