bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer21k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik14 View Post
You also have the option of ordering with non-runflats.
Here's another question though - did you take a look at the space saver spare? With the spare there is hardly any trunk space. And to me it seemed like it would be pain to have to decide on each trip do I want added security on this trip (hence, bring along the spare) or do I want the trunk space ( hence take out the spare). Further, the times I would especially appreciate the added security (longer trips through remote areas), I would likely need the trunk space more (for luggage). And lastly, with the option, even if you take the tire out, there is still several inches that is permanently lost v. a vehicle without the option. The design seems to have been an afterthought rather than trying to seamlessly incorporate the option.

As for the original question, with F30 and E90 I myself got one flat each and the protection package would not have been worth it. This is in NJ with significant pot holes, etc. At the cost you were quoted, I would skip it for sure.

I don't have the space saver spare. Lucky, at the dealership I checked one of the cars that had it and stayed away from it.
Space saver spares take up too much trunk space not really worth it.
Appreciate 0